When you walk through our door, you will be greeted by someone who will serve you with compassion and treat you with respect. You won't find anyone judging you or telling you what to do. There's no hype, no politics, just a desire to help you make an informed decision about your pregnancy.
We care...We can help by providing:
Early detection pregnancy test
Information on abortion and associated risks
Information on pregnancy and fetal development
Adoption information and referrals
STI (sexually transmitted infection) information and testing referrals
Referrals for other community resources
Post-abortion peer counseling and education
Earn While You Learn parenting program
Willing to Wait Abstinence Program
(The Hope Pregnancy Care Center does not refer or perform abortions)
Women enrolled in Earn While You Learn attend one-on-one lessons with a peer mentor, for one hour, every other week. The EWYL program allows families to earn "Mommy Money" that can be spent at our Hope Chest Baby Boutique.
The Earn While You Learn program of Hope Pregnancy Center provides emotional, spiritual and physical support and education for parents, their child(ren) and to those who have a desire to obtain affordable baby and maternity items.
You will receive:
- Fun and informative lessons on topics relating to pregnancy, parenting and many other subjects including: fetal development, going it alone, what's safe, your changing body, infant massage, newborn care, your baby can sleep, basics of budgeting, the key to discipline, and many more lessons.
- Emotional support through regular one-on-one meetings with a peer mentor for parents with children up to 3 years.
- Opportunities to earn Mommy Money for coming to classes, completing homework, and bringing a support person.
- Access to The Hope Chest Baby Boutique (our baby pantry) where you can have a pleasant experience shopping, spending and budgeting the Mommy Money you have earned (no cash is accepted).
- Material items available at The Hope Chest include: baby furniture, clothing, formula/baby food, blankets, diapers and baby wipes.
When you enroll in The EWYL program, you have an opportunity to earn Mommy Money which can be spent in our Hope Chest Baby Boutique. Participants can earn much needed baby and maternity items while learning valuable parenting tools and skills. The more you spend time in this program, the more benefits you gain for you and your baby. We look forward to supporting you in the adventure of parenting.
Willing to Wait Abstinence Program is a program designed to take relevant and engaging abstinence education to the youth of Clare and Gladwin Counties. With the use of interesting media, creative drama and real life application lessons, we will encourage critical thinking among young people regarding sexual activity and choices.